- You don’t have to achieve great things by the time you’re 25
- You have intrinsic value above and beyond your perceived utility to other people and society at large.
- You don’t have to have sex, or have sex in any way that you find uncomfortable or unpleasant, to keep anyone’s love or good opinion of you. They didn’t love you or think very well of you to start with if they demand it.
- You don’t have to stay with someone who isn’t meeting your emotional or sexual needs because they need you, or you’ve been with them for awhile, or you need to be in a relationship. You need you. Your time is your own and it is finite.
- It’s ok to work at a job you enjoy that doesn’t make you miserable even if it’s not a career and it won’t “lead to anything.”
- Your life is not a narrative. It is not leading to anything, there is no overarching thesis, it does not have themes beyond the usual shared cultural experiences of your time and place. This is ok. It does not mean that your life is without purpose or meaning.
- It’s ok not to like or get along with the vast majority of people you encounter, so long as you afford them the same respect, courtesy and dignity that they afford you.
- Expensive is not always better.
- Failure is temporary if you’re still alive.
- People are both much better and much worse than you’d suspect, but usually not all at once.
- Stop thinking of your future self as a different person and it will be easier to prevent money and health problems.
- Let people help you, lean on them when you need to, and be available to help, but don’t swing too far in either direction. Try to carry your half of the life basket as evenly as you can.
- Set boundaries, and do not be afraid to kick people out of your life who disregard them. You will not end up alone and unloved. People who love you will be ok with your boundaries.
- Your power does not come from money or beauty, but from seeing life steadily and wholly, from a curious and thoughtful mind, and from your ability to say no when you want to, and yes when you want to, and I don’t know when you don’t know.
- There will be bad times, maybe lots of bad times, but not only bad times.
- Love will not heal the wounds in your soul, but love can give you the impetus to begin the work of healing yourself.
- Life might be a long series of starting over, and that’s alright.
- You’re really cool, you’re really beautiful, you’re really special. Really. Not to everyone, but to a lot of someones sometimes.
Jesus loves everyone. I mean everyone—every single person on this planet.
“But what about ga—”
“What about divor—”
“Are you sure He likes trans—”
“Hey! What about prosti—”
“You can’t mean Musl—”
And if you dare to call yourself a Christian you better love the crap out of EVERYONE too! No matter what.
- Bodies are hairy. No matter the gender, your face will have hair and that is more than okay.
- Your butthole is going to have some hair too. And maybe your nipples. And your tummy. And where ever else.
- Stretch marks. Those are a thing. Everyone gets ‘em. If you don’t, you probably don’t have skin.
- Vaginas smell. Every vagina has a scent. Don’t worry about it! (Unless something seems wrong, then go get it checked out! No need to feel embarrassed or ashamed.)
- Vaginas come in all different shapes, sizes, colors, flavors. All are beautiful.
- Penises come in all different shapes, sizes, colors, flavors. All are beautiful.
- You don’t need to shave anything if you don’t want to. It’s tooootally not mandatory.
- Sometimes people get butt acne.
- You can have a vagina and want short hair and think dresses are just the worst.
- You can have a penis and want long hair and think dresses are just the best.
- You can wear whatever you want and style your hair however you want.
- You can even think whatever the hell you want.
- People might tell you that you are a girl because you have a vagina. People might tell you that you are a boy because you have a penis. People will tell you what your gender is. But in reality, you don’t have to be that gender. You don’t have to be either of those genders.
- You are what you are and it’s just the worst thing if you try and hide that.
Stop wasting your energy chugging haterade for months on end and realize that just maybe IT’S NOT FOR YOU.
What a wonderful person.
Oh shit, wait, is this Ktshy’s brother? THE WHOLE FAMILY IS WONDERFUL PEOPLE.
Ahahaha this is fantastic.
Okay this is the best video. I approve.
I feel like I…. Learned something…..
lol let’s just idly push a dagger through the heart of media criticism. Besides, those academics who spend their lives writing about the perfection of a craft are just crazy “picky” people after all, and there’s no such thing as willful bastardization of substance to appease the masses for financial gain. Nope that’s not real. Nope.
i don’t think he’s saying criticism is worthless and i also don’t think he’s talking about professional critics. if anything, this video is for the people who constantly talk about the things they don’t like but have nothing constructive to say. like the one’s who bring up justin bieber or homestuck or twilight just to say it sucks but have no other purpose for mentioning it. it’s like, “we get that you don’t like it and you don’t have to like it, but bringing up how much you hate it all the time isn’t gonna make it go away.” the only thing you can really do is avoid it as best you can because it’s not meant for you. there is a point where it stops being criticism and just starts sounding butthurt, 2 totally different things. but that’s just my interpretation.